Goodbye My Sweet Girl

My sweet baby girl Rocky, left us yesterday in her sleep. I’m so thankful she went peacefully, but to say I miss her is an understatement. She was my best friend, she knew when I needed a cuddle, she knew when I was sick she’d come lay by me and she’d make me laugh, even when I didn’t think I had a laugh in me.  Rocky was 13 years old and had a fulfilling life.  Rocky came into our lives when friends blessed us with her when she was weaned from her momma and for thirteen years she blessed us. She was spoiled rotten, a pure diva, and the most beautiful cat ever in our eyes.  She will be deeply missed for she was deeply loved.

rockyquad

ROCKY

1997 -2010

This entry was posted in Life As Is, Personal, Photos and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Goodbye My Sweet Girl

I’m so sorry to hear about Rocky…my Max was born in 1997, too…but he seems to be doing well!

2. Leanne says:

Words just aren’t enough right now. I am so sorry, Sherry. Sending great big hugs your way. xo

3. Marcee says:

So sorry about this ((hugs))
    .-= Marcee´s last blog ..let it shine =-.

4. Marilyn says:

I am soooo sorry to read about your sweet Rocky. I adopted my daughter’s cat Zoey after my daughter passed away, and adored this sweet kitty. As you said she would know when I was sad and would cuddle with me, and was the only one who sat with me when I folded clothes. When it was time for bed she would head up stairs right with me, I miss her so, when she died it was like losing my daughter’s last link. She now is with her momma. Someone sent me this poem and I thought I would share it with you.

Rainbow Bridge
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
    When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together….

Author unknown…
    .-= Marilyn´s last blog ..April Fools Day!! =-.

5. craziequeen says:

Aw my Sweet Rosie, I know how much Rocky was loved by you and the family. My deepest sympathies -(

She has had a wonderful life with a loving momma and has gone to her rest a happy, happy cat -)

cq
    .-= craziequeen´s last blog ..Spring Cleaning at the Palace =-.

Oh, Sherry, I am SO sorry. I know how much you loved her. Those of us who love our animals know the love and acceptance they give us and understand how it hurts when they are gone. I am sending you a long distance hug {{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}} .
    .-= Jane´s last blog ..Home…..A Beautiful Word =-.

7. Stacy says:

Oh Sherry, I’m so so very sorry ( I know firsthand how much you can love a pet and make it part of your life and your home, and how deep the void is when they’re gone. It’s a horrible heartwrenching time, and I’m so sorry you’re having to go through it. But, I am so glad that Rocky had you and your family to call her very own for such a wonderful long life… I know she’s missing you too )

{{hugs}}

8. Aww Sherry, I am sorry to read this. Hugs
    .-= barbara/purplemoose´s last blog ..Walkin’ the Walk =-.

9. Gloria says:

I am sorry to hear about your precious Rockie. She is beautiful.

My dog Lucy was 13 years old when she passed, I lost her in September 2010.
    I miss my Lucy, she was wonderful, funny and so sweet. My life will never be the same, she was my heart.

Gloria