1. It’s been a fun (note the sarcasm) week here…please allow me to whine a little.
2. The flu has hit our home and hit hard. First I started with the flu, then it moved to upper respiratory infection with severe ear infection with my eardrum about to rupture (that’s been extremely fun ) and a cough that has been non-stop. Two things I have learned…I understand now why babies scream when they have ear infections and breathing is a luxury.
3. Though we go through gallons of anti-bacterial gel, Miss Priss got sick anyhow. She’s miserable and has had to miss a few days of work which she has hated more than anything. Her boss has given her strict instructions not to come back till she’s virus free!! No passing it around! (She has a really great boss, btw, her aunt )
4. To make our mini hospital complete, Brandon was playing volleyball Sunday at his fiancés and blew his knee out. MRI results showed that he has a complete tear of his ACL, he sees the orthopedic surgeon Thursday morning. Of course, this was his once good knee, his other knee he has had three surgeries on already.
5. Are we having fun yet? :
6. My birthday is Monday, I’m turning 44….I’m feeling more like 74 right at the moment. We normally go out and celebrate birthdays….think we’ll have to postpone my celebration, no one here feels much like partying.
7. We have a really busy weekend next weekend though, Thursday night Miss Priss and I, along with my sister and niece are going to the midnight showing of Twilight!! We’ve been looking forward to this for months! Any of you going to see Twilight?
8. Friday night Miss Priss and I are going to see Celtic Thunder in concert. Men in kilts and Celtic music…good mother daughter bonding!
9. Saturday D and I are leaving for San Antonio for a romantic weekend to celebrate our 25th anniversary which is the 26th of this month. We have a big trip to Ireland and Scotland planned as our 25th anniversary present to each other, but since the weather there isn’t the greatest this time of year, we are going in May, but we wanted to do something to mark the occasion…it is 25 years!!!
10. Thanksgiving is just around the corner…man, time is flying by! We will be spending the day at my mom’s. My sister and her family will be there and my grandparents….it’ll be fun, we haven’t spent a full holiday together in a few years. I’m really looking forward to it! I’m bringing my Praline Sweet Potatoes and Corn Casserole. What’s your favorite dish for Thanksgiving?
11. And I haven’t kept you up to date on Suki’s adventures, so….here’s a few of her recent:
Suki meets Godiva…and falls in Love!!!
Suki wants to travel the world, staring in Europe and working her way around!
Suki says swimming in Jelly Belly’s is like a slice of heaven!
If you want to keep up with my “One Object 365 Days Project” starring Suki, here is the link:
Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!