1. It’s random this week cause that’s how I roll….
2. This past week I have spent the majority of my time working on a project for my nephew. If you live in Texas you know about the high school ”Homecoming Mum,” if you don’t, let me explain. It’s a gaudy pretty, sparkly ribboned thang guys give to girls to wear the day of the Homecoming. And as with everything in Texas, the bigger the better.
3. Here is the front view of the one I made for my nephews girlfriend: (Miss Priss was my guinea pig model, she went through torture, just ask her).
4. And here is the back view….yes, there is a back piece too!
5. Here’s a closeup of the top:
6. Hopefully that’s the last one of those I’ll have to do in for awhile! Thankfully, I had some help, my future DIL and daughter lent a hand over the weekend. I am so glad my son is marrying a crafting girl!!!
7. Speaking of crafty girls…my future DIL has come up with the most beautiful wedding favors!! I found some vintage pearls for the favors on Etsy and ordered them and we both are so excited! I can’t wait to start putting them together. Of course, photos will follow!
8. My future DIL started her internship with the Dallas Mavericks today, in the accounting department. She was so excited. I can’t wait to hear how it went!
9. I have become addicted to grilled cheese sandwiches. But not just any grilled cheese, I have created the ultimate grilled cheese! I use sour dough bread, buttered, then sprinkle the buttered side with shredded parmesan cheese, then I layer my choice of cheese and ham between the two slices of sour dough on my George Foreman grill! Takes about 2 minutes and !!! It’s so good! The parmesan on the outside makes the difference!!
10. Well Ike didn’t do much here where we live, we got some rain and that’s about it. Right before we were married we went through Alicia in ’83, we were in the Houston area….it was a nightmare. My heart goes out to those on the coast…they were pounded. Galveston is demolished.
11. Has anyone read “The Host” by Stephenie Meyer? I’m reading it now, it took me awhile to get into it, it starts out kinda slow, but once I got through the first few chapters, I am actually liking it. If you have read it, what did you think?
12. I’m nursing my back right now, actually using my sons laptop from my bed (he’s sweet for sharing with his mama). Not sure what I did to hurt it, but I can hardly walk. I’m telling you, this getting older is starting to suck.
13. Wanna see my new neighbor? Sure you do!
Save the drama for your llama!
Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!