Thursday Thirteen #95 – Random, Baby!

iris.jpg

1. It’s random this week because that’s were my brain is. I forgot there was a theme again this week….I’m rebeling! )

2. I had to go the doctor this week. I hate going to the doctor, so if I go, you know I REALLY must be in pain.  I hurt my back over the past weekend, I thought it would get better but it has actually gotten worse. When I started to have numbness in my foot, and the pain increased where Aleve by the handful wouldn’t contain it, I broke down and went to see my doc.

3. Doc says I may have a pinched nerve or a ruptured disc. worried But he wants to see how I feel after six weeks before we do anything but medicate. He doesn’t believe in steroids, injections, etc…which I am thrilled about because I went through all that years ago and they didn’t do a dang thing but make me gain weight! mad

4. This does put a cramp in my plans for this weekend. I have plants to plant! But I’m thinking I can get some of it done with the hub’s help! Just no heavy lifting or too much bending. Hey, you know this may not be so bad after all……I might get a heck of a lot done with this!! )

5. My sister and I were talking about what to do for our mom for Mother’s day that would be ”different” this year. We ran a few ideas back and forth, the typical like brunch or lunch. Then I remembered that the Scarborough Renaissance Festival is going on!

6. I’m so excited about going to the Renaissance Fest!  I have been wanting to go for years, just never worked it out time wise. You can bet I’ll be taking my camera, so be looking for lots of fun pics! mrgreen

¹   cantiga.jpg               jousters.jpg

7. While I was looking at the Renaissance Fest site, I found that you can have weddings there!! I have to point that out to my son and his fiancé! Talk about a fun wedding!! Of course if they don’t like the idea, Big D and I can do it if we ever renew our vows! luv

8. Miss Priss wanted some new photos, so I grabbed my camera² and we headed outdoors…I think her daddy and I did good! )

mandy1.jpg

9. Speaking of photos of beautiful ladies, all the hoopla about Miley Cyrus is just a bit ridiculous, in my opinion. shrug  There is nothing racy about that photo that was taken by Annie Leibovitz. Though I don’t think it was a flattering photo of Miley, I didn’t find it one that should call for so much attention. But I guess it’s great PR, which you know that is what it was for, right? Ol’ Billy Ray is a smart guy. )

10. Did you catch American Idol Tuesday night? What the heck is Paula on? She was a bigger nut job than usual! shock I predict David Cook winner. Everyone else is sucking it up.

11. I started reading a new book series that I am really enjoying. The author is Karen Marie Moning and the series is her “Highlander” series! yum If your heart goes pitter patter for a man in plaid, with a bit of fae magic thrown in, you’ll love these books!

beyond_mist_over.jpg

12. She also has another series that I just bought the first two books in but haven’t started yet. They sound really good, sexy, a bit darker and focused in Ireland! innocent

darkfever_over.jpgdarkfever_over.jpgdarkfever_over.jpg

13. As time draws near Share A Square Bag Project is in need of volunteers! Please click the button and read what it’s all about!

button2.jpg

Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!

1. Photos courtesy of Scarborough Renaissance Festival
2. I use a Canon Rebel XTI
This entry was posted in T13 and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Thursday Thirteen #95 – Random, Baby!

1. SandyCarlson says:

I hope you get help in the garden and that you feel better!

SandyCarlsons last blog post..Thursday Thirteen: ‘I Will Not Be Broken’

What beautiful eyes Miss Priss has! Kind of a grayish blue? Also, love the cover of Darkfever!

Janets last blog post..Food and Drink

3. SJ Reidhead says:

You sound busy. I like the photo you are using for your TT introduction.

SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

4. Nicholas says:

Great photo! And I agree that the Miley C business is a load of hoo ha about nothing. But these days the arm f prudery has a depressingly long reach.

Nicholass last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #56

5. Lazy Daisy says:

Great picture of Miss Priss. Hope your back gets better and your garden gets planted. Maybe you should just supervise the work.

Lazy Daisys last blog post..Thursday Thirteen….What I’ve learned so far

6. Nice pic of Miss Priss. I’ve heard from several people how wonderful the Highlander Series is. I guess I definitely have to get it now. Happy T13!

Adelle Laudans last blog post..

7. Melli says:

NICE pic of Miss Priss! My Amanda always liked my “homemade” pictures of her better than going to a studio too! And that was in the days of FILM! Whoa. These days it’s just so EASY to make nice pictures! (and keep trying till ya get it right!) LOL!

EVERY year I say I’m going to the Renaissance Festival here… and every year it passes by without me making it! ONE OF THESE YEARS!!! Ours runs for 6 bloomin’ weeks too! You’d think I could find ONE weekend! No? Enjoy yours!!! Can’t wait to see the pics!

Mellis last blog post..Alphabet Challenge … and Thursday 13

8. Susan says:

Great pic of your girl!! Hey, I hope your back gets better soon without all the other treatments. I’m thinking David Cook is going to win, but Syesha is our “hometown girl” so I have to follow her.

Hugs,

Susan

Susans last blog post..Thursday Thirteen

9. Lori says:

Im not rebelling, I just didnt get the memo nerd Happy TT…great list:)

Loris last blog post..TT #60

Great list and the Renaissance Fair sounds like fun for Mother’s Day! I can’t wait to see the pictures.
    Speaking of pictures, that’s a great one of Miss Priss. Girl, you could do this professionally!!!!
    I have a T13 this week…….YEA!!!! thumbsup

Janes last blog post..Thursday Thirteen

11. Chelle Y. says:

Paula was just a bit wacko the other night! My Tivo did not record Wednesday’s episode, so I do not know what they said about it.

12. Alice Audrey says:

Renaissance Fest looks like fun. I’ve never been.

Alice Audreys last blog post..Thursday Thirteen #25: Search engine links