Thursday Thirteen#79 – “Christmas Questions!”

tt_xmas2.jpg

This is a part of a meme that I thought I would make part of my TT! Two birds, one post! mrgreen

1. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial, all that sneezing and watering eyes keep us from having a real one, though I do love the smell.

2. When do you put up the tree?
Usually about two to three weeks before Christmas.

3. When do you take the tree down?
New Years weekend, by then I am so ready to get my house back in order!

4. Favorite gift received as a child?
Wow, I had some great gifts as a child so that’s hard. One that comes to mind was when I got the drum set I really wanted!!

5. Do you have a nativity scene?
I have several, even a small one from Jerusalem made from olive wood that I love.

6. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband, he has everything!

7. Easiest person to buy for?
My daughter, she and I have very similar taste!

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ???
Can’t say this is the worst, but it wasn’t something I would have bought for myself! Someone bought me a “custom” sweat suit with appliquéd flowers on the front of the shirt and pants leg. Not really my style. lol

9. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Most favorite is “It’s A Wonderful Life,” but I love Christmas movies, so you have to add, “Elf,” “The Santa Clause 1 & 2,” “Miracle on 34th Street” the original one…just to name a few!

10. Favorite Christmas song?
Another hard one that I can’t just narrow down! “O Holy Night” would be #1, “Do You Hear What I Hear,” “Little Drummer Boy,” shoot, the list could go on and on….

11. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
Matter of fact I tried to do that last night, and I failed!! worried

12. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning, thank heaven not as early as it use to be!!

13. What I love most about Christmas?
The meaning of Christmas.

In the spirit of Christmas, please check out Share a Square!! Just click the banner below to see how you to can be a part of this awesome project!

Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!

This entry was posted in T13. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Thursday Thirteen#79 – “Christmas Questions!”

1. Damozel says:

That’s a fun meme. I used to be quite the Christmas sprite myself, though I’ve reached the age and stage where I don’t bother much about the run-up to it. I just enjoy spending time with the family etc. I wish I could feel all the excitement and Christmas spirit etc—-I really feel a sort of vacuum in my life without it.

I agree about artificial trees, though my reason is that my cats always ate mine!

2. SJ Reidhead says:

Artificial.

The Pink Flamingo

3. Candy says:

Oh, I’m going to do this meme but I’ll post it on my blog. smile

4. Nicholas says:

It’s always interesting to read how other people celebrate. No two households are exactly alike, I suspect.

Aren’t you smart! Two, two, two memes in one!
    I loved your answers. I might just have to do this one too.
    Hope you are cozy and warm and behaving…….well, two out of three wouldn’t be bad!!
    Love ya!

6. Oh, the custom sweat suit! That had me rolling on the floor. I can visualize it, because I’ve seen the same one! You didn’t put The Christmas Story as a favorite movie! We have to watch it every year (sometimes more than once!). Happy TT, and thank you again for putting together that afghan! You are awesome, lady.

7. Frances says:

Love this template.
    I love the Little Drummer Boy too.
    My husband is much harder to buy for than my daughter.
    She and I wear the same size, and dress very similarly.
    Thanks for taking the time to visit. cool

8. Mishi says:

Killin’ 2 birds with 1 stone = INGENUOUS!

9. Gattina says:

We used to put up the huge nativity scene Mr. Gattino got when he was 3 years old. All handmade and when you put up everything it would take the size of a double bed ! When he was a child there were no Christmas trees in Italy they all had nativity scenes. He learned it with me and since then we have a tree and the nativity scene;

Just did this one myself, so I’ll give you my answers -)

1. Real tree or artificial?
    I prefer real, but in our house, we have to use artificial

2. When do you put up the tree?
    The weekend after Thanksgiving

3. When do you take the tree down?
    The weekend after New Year’s

4. Favorite gift received as a child?
    I don’t remember!

5. Do you have a nativity scene?
    Yup, I originally bought it for my ex-MIL years ago, but liked it so much I kept it for myself.

6. Hardest person to buy for?
    My brother

7. Easiest person to buy for?
    My friend, Megan

8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ???
    Coin purse/key chain from my boss’s wife

9. Favorite Christmas Movie?
    Scrooged, with Bill Murray. Cracks me up!

10. Favorite Christmas song?
    Silent Night

11. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?
    Dasher and Dancer and Comet and Blitzen and Rudolph!

12. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
    Christmas morning!

13. What I love most about Christmas?
    The happiness and good feelings.

11. Michelle says:

Great list, I prefer artificial trees for the same reason! My TT is up too, hope you can stop by.

12. Natalie says:

What a fun list! That worst present actually sounds pretty awful!!! LOL!

My Thursday Thirteen is up too! )

13. Fun meme! Probably won’t have a tree this year unless I can figure out where to keep one without the cats eating it. We live in an RV so there aren’t many out of reach places *grin*

I have three TTs this week:

13 emotions we could do without