Thursday Thirteen #78 – Very Random!!

tt_snow.jpg

1. I have mixed feelings about the holiday season, I look forward to them and I dread them at the same time.

2. Over the Thankgiving holiday, someone said something that really hurt my feelings and I let them know it. They made a remark regarding D and I being “stupid” for marrying at a young age and hoping that Bubba isn’t as “”stupid” as we are. Seeing that we just celebrated our 24th anniversary, I believe we’ve done pretty damn good! If that is being “stupid” so be it! roll

3. Apparently we hurt certain family members feelings on my birthday because they weren’t invited to join us to my birthday dinner. (D had surprised me with a special dinner with him and my kids) Are you sensing a pattern here as to why I dread holidays?

4. I’m thinking we need to go away for Christmas!! mrgreen

5. Speaking of Christmas, we received another Christmas party invitation in the mail yesterday. It’s work related so we have to go. It’s another formal affair, so I have to have another outfit. And it’s the night before the other party!! Talk about a busy weekend! razz

6. We’ve been looking at new cars for me for awhile now. We will be buying in February so looking has been getting serious lately. I have finally decided what I want, a 2008 Cadillac CTS in Crystal Red fully loaded!! Sweet!!

cadillac1.jpg

7. I love Christmas music, (Miss Priss hates it, little scrooge!) and I just downloaded Josh Groban’s new Christmas CD, Noel, to my Ipod and it’s FANTASTIC!!! “Little Drummer Boy” and “The First Noel” are just some of my favorites!

8. Bubba has been on his job for 3 weeks now and loves it! He’s been told that he’s doing a great job by his superiors. He says he gets ribbed alittle by the older guys because his dad is a Director out there, but he says can live with that as long as he is getting paid! mrgreen

9. I really wish this writers strike would end!! My shows are coming to an end and will be in reruns if they don’t start writing soon!! thumbsdown Come on, have a heart Hollywood!!

10. Miss Priss and I went grocery shopping yesterday. Now mind you we really haven’t been “grocery shopping” since we moved in (yeah we eat out ALOT!) so we decided we better go. We ended up with two carts full….yep, you read that right, TWO carts full! Over five hundred dollars worth of groceries. Guess we will be eating at home for awhile. -)

11. I went and got my hair cut, and it’s short….shorter than I really wanted it, but the gal had to clean up the mess the other girl who first cut it made. shrug It’s hard finding someone new to do your hair and nails….but I think I have, finally! I actually like it, it’s funky! D says it’s like my personality, spunky and funky! innocent

bw3.jpg

12. Well, this has been pretty random….hope you all don’t mind random but that’s where my mind has been this week!

13. And last but not least….

You can be a part of Share a Square too!! Just click the banner below to see how!

Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!

This entry was posted in T13. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Thursday Thirteen #78 – Very Random!!

1. I LOVE your haircut cool I’m with you on the holidays. I’m traveling, as you know, but was just talking to the husband about wishing we could escape the holiday turmoil. Guess I won’t stay at any “inn” that claims to be “comfort”able. I haven’t done a TT for this week, and don’t know if I’ll get to! Dang.

2. ellen b says:

I like the new do!
    Happy TT to you…

3. I agree with your #1 a 100%. I too love Christmas but sometimes fear what entails with it like expenses. Your #2 – I don’t think age matters. Many people marry late in their 30s but are not responsible enough. I have seen young couples marrying early but have found them to be more responsble than some adults.

4. nicholas says:

It’s interesting how people’s reactions to the holiday season vary widely! I see why so many people have misgivings, what with the pressure to socialize with people you would sooner avoid, and the expense. The best thing is to establish your own family traditions and erect barriers round them. Btw, I agree with Miss Priss — I find Christmas music insufferable after the first day or so of having it blasted at me everywhere I go.

5. I really like your hair. In fact, my hair is growing out from being really short and I envy the short haired – it’s so easy to take care of! I bet you’ll get used to it and never want to part. Plus you have such a pretty face. All that hair was covering it up!

Happy TT

6. I’m letting my short hair grow out and every day is a coif adventure. I admit I’m jealous of your new do! (Thanks for visiting my TT)

7. miss priss says:

DIEEE CHRISTMAS MUSICCCCCCC

8. Chelle Y. says:

I love Christmas music too! )

9. Journeywoman says:

Nice haircut.

Thanks for stopping by.

10. Great list! Love the haircut!!

11. SJ Reidhead says:

Yep random – just like my mind right now. Works for me!

The Pink Flamingo

12. Grace says:

The new do is cool. It’s beautiful and seems easy to manage, you’ll save lots of time in the mornings!

13. Pingback: Blue Star Chronicles

You look mahvalous dahlin!!!! With your new do and a new ride, you are going to be dangerous!

15. Lazy Daisy says:

I love your hairdo sis….funky and wild…so you. Just remember it’s not Christmas till somebody cries! Focus on your great family and those that love you. Randomness is good. Hugs coming your way!

16. Rae says:

I love your haircut its great..I am with you on the holidays sometimes I love them & then its like ugh not again lol your new car is gonna be nice Happy TT

17. she says:

i raise money for kids with cancer!

18. Square1 says:

Ummm… offended that they didn’t get invited to YOUR brithday. Sorry, I’ll invite or not invite whoever I want to my birthday. It’s mine. Other holidays or birthdays I might be able to understand. Great site you have here.

Michele sent me.

Oh, I LOVE your haircut!!!

20. Vaders Mom says:

You just got here and you already want to leave for Christmas…If you go to Hawaii, can I come too?
    party