Thursday Thirteen #76 – Favorite Flicks

tt_flicks.jpg

(Not in any particular order)

1. The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe - It is wonderful and will be a classic. I loved this movie and if you are not new to my blog you already know this! ) I never grow tired of watching this piece of magic!

2. Dirty Dancing – Love this movie, the songs, the dancing, the love story!! Patrick Swayze…do I need to say more? Best line in the movie, Johnny: “Nobody puts Baby in a corner.”

3. Dazed and Confused – It’s 1976 and it’s the last day of school, if you remember what it was like, then you’ll love this movie! Great music, very funny.

dandc.jpg

4. Click – I really liked this movie, it’s not only funny but has a wonderful life lesson to it. Plus I love Adam Sandler. )

click.jpg

5. Serendipity - John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale are wonderful in this love story of destiny.

6. The Breakfast Club – It maybe because this movie reminds me of high school days that I love it so much, but I can watch it over and over again and I never grow tired of it! One of the best movies of the 80′s ever! Whatever happened to Molly Ringwald?

7. The Notebook – One of the best love stories ever…..even Big D likes this one! Best line in this movie:
Noah: “I am nothing special; just a common man with common thoughts, and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect I have succeeded as gloriously as anyone who’s ever lived: I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul; and to me, this has always been enough.” Now doesn’t that just make your heart flutter?!

8. Finding Neverland – Johnny Depp plays J.M. Barrie, a writer inspired by genius and dedicated to seeing his vision Peter Pan and the denizens of Neverland come true. This movie is wonderful. A must see! LOVE THIS MOVIE!! I can’t even count how many times I’ve watched this one!

9. Lord of The Rings – FellowShip of the Ring, LOTR – Two Towers, LOTR – Return of the King – All three of these I can sit through over and over again. I have spent a whole day watching them, so I know what I’m talking about! ) Yes, I am a nerd. I enjoy these movies, and I think the last one is the best. The special effects are wonderful and the story is timeless.

10. Harry Potter Movies – Ok if I’m admitting I’m a nerd I’m going to admit it all the way! LOL Personally I think Order of the Phoenix, is the best so far. But I can’t wait for The Half-Blood Prince!!

hp.jpg

11. Memoirs of a Geisha - I love this period piece, though I still believe the book is better.

moag.jpg

12. The Wizard of Oz – I never grow tire of the yellow brick road, the Tin Man, Scarecrow and The Cowardly Lion….We’re off to see the Wizard!

13. Braveheart – This movie is the partly historical, partly mythological, story of William Wallace, a Scottish common man who fights for his country’s freedom from English rule around the end of the 13th century. I love this movie for it’s scenery, and acting. If you have a weak stomach, don’t watch it though. shock

braveheart.jpg

Don’t forget Share a Square!!

Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!

This entry was posted in T13. Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Thursday Thirteen #76 – Favorite Flicks

1. RittyRats says:

thumbsup You have a really pretty blog-page! Beautiful, and quite serene looking. I’m glad I stopped in, cuz I like your movie choices! “Finding Neverland” is one of my favorites, as is the LOTR series! Bring on the popcorn!
    Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

2. ellen b says:

1, 9 10, and 13 are ones I’d watch again. Happy TT

3. A great list ! I’d have to add Ghost and Shrek to it though LOL Happy T13!
    Beautiful blog you have here. Mine’s up http://adellelaudan.blogspot.com

4. Nicholas says:

I’ve seen Neverland, all the H Potters (loved them) and the first LOTR (fell asleep) and some of the others are on my Netflix list.

5. Grace says:

I can’t believe I haven’t watched The Notebook yet! Gotta grab a copy soon! Happy TT.

6. Amongst your list of movies, I’ve seen #s2, 5, 9, 12 (just don’t know if it’s the same as when I was a kid),

7. Wolfie says:

Hey..we’ve quite a few similar likes..hehee.. thumbsup

8. bernie says:

Seen them all but for #3.

Good list, I linked to you from mine: 13 Things Egyptian your grandchildren will never see

9. Julia says:

I really like your choice, a couple of those would be on my list, too.
    And don’t worry about the nerd-thing, nerd me and some friends did a “all-three-films-in-the-extended-version” event, it took as about 12,5 hours, including short breaks!

Happy TT!

Julia

#3: Great music, too!
    #4: I really liked this movie, too, for the first reason you said!
    #8: You cried during the last part, the little boy on the bench, didn’t you? I did! GREAT movie!
    #9: Sigh…I still remember seeing the first one…and just absolutely being transported. I like the first one best, just because I finally get to see Bilbo…also, I really really like the scene with Frodo reading in the forest and hearing Gandalf…so green and lush and ohhhh seeing Bag End!!!
    #10: Yup, love these, too. My favorite so far is the second, Chamber of Secrets; Tom Riddle was a hottie!!! I’m quite looking forward to The Half-Blood Prince, too! So much Snape!!!
    11-13: All favorites of mine, too.

Great list!

11. I LOVED The Breakfast Club! Alley Sheedy dressed and acting exactly like I did in high school. (Wait! Is that a spooky thing to admit?) Thanks for stopping by my TT.

12. .: mar says:

Now when do you find time to watch movies?? innocent
    Maybe I need to organize my time better, I enjoyed your list mrgreen
    Happy thirteening party

13. Julie says:

I love your list and most of the movies on it! Thanks for reminding me…My list is up too. Come by if you wanna! cool

14. Never did like #12. Only good thing is the catchy tune the screcrow sings LOL

Aline music

15. Serina says:

I love Dazed and Confused. Awesome list.

Great list. Some I have seen and some I haven’t. Braveheart is one of my son’s all time favorites and I loved it too.
    I am glad you stopped by my place today. Hope you are doing well. Miss ya still!!

17. Jenn says:

LOVE Dirty Dancing! I can watch that movie over and over again without tiring of it )

18. Lazy Daisy says:

Hey Babe….missed you so much at the Bloggin Babes Bash…you would have so loved it! Giggling hysterically over and any and everything. Hope you are feeling better…that’s an order from your big sis!

19. Vaders Mom says:

What a great list! I really enjoy the LOTR series, but Breakfast Club out ranks them all. I’ll stop what I’m doing everytime I find it on tv…and I own it.

20. Susan says:

Some of these I have not seen but so want to. Thanks for your list. I might check some out this weekend.

:-) Susan

21. DrillerAA says:

I really like the graphics on this blog. I haven’t gotten that compitent yet.
    I have also spent the day with Lord of the Rings Trilogy. I did the same thing with Star Wars and will do it with the Bourne movies once Ultimatum hits the stores.
    Breakfast Club is a great movie that I forget about until something like this reminds me.
    Have a great TT.

22. I am right with you on THE WIZARD OF OZ and FINDING NEVERLAND….Like you, I cannot count the number of times I have seen both these films….I NEVER EVER tire of them…..! This is a fun TT, My Dear….I enjoyed your list very very much!

23. mrgreen You know I love it that you keep publicizing, Sherry. Thank you!

Dirty Dancing and Wizard of Oz did it for me!!