filed in: Movies, T13

Thursday Thirteen #59 – “The Pirate Edition!”

­­

tt_pirates.jpg

Great lines from “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” which I’ve just watched for the fourth time! Love this movie!! And come on, Johnny and Orlando aren’t so hard to look at either! luv

1. Jack Sparrow: Elizabeth!
      [Turns to Gibbs]
      Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum.

191876520_55b08548e1_m.jpg

2. Jack Sparrow: We are very much alike, you and I, I and you… us.
          Elizabeth Swann: Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center. And personal hygiene.
          Jack Sparrow: [Sniffs his armpit and looks back] Trifles.

3. Jack Sparrow: [holds up jar of dirt] Oi! Fishface! Lose something? Eh? Scungilli!
            [falls down stairs, holds up jar again]
            Jack Sparrow: Got it! Come to negotiate, eh? Have you, you slimy git? Look what I got.
            Jack Sparrow: I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what’s inside it!

4. Cotton’s Parrot: Awk, don’t eat me.
              Will Turner: I’m not going to eat you.

will.jpg

5. Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing.
                  Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.

6. Jack Sparrow: [to Elizabeth] One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it’s like. One day you won’t be able to resist.

7. Jack Sparrow: Now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something!

8. Jack Sparrow: I am chief! Want big fire!

run.jpg

9. Pintel: You know you can’t read.
                            Ragetti: It’s the Bible, you get credit for trying.

pirates.jpg

10. Jack Sparrow: Have you not met Will Turner? He’s noble, heroic – terrific soprano. Worth at least four… maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention… he’s in love? With a girl. Due to be married. Betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony, eh?

11. Ragetti: [balancing a shovel] I could join the circus!

12. Jack Sparrow: How did you get here?
                                    Will Turner: Sea turtles, mate. A pair of them strapped to my feet.
                                    Jack Sparrow: Not so easy, is it?

13. Elizabeth Swann: You’ll have the chance to do something… something courageous. And when you do, you’ll discover something. That you’re a good man.

Visit the Thursday Thirteen Hub!

21 Comments on “Thursday Thirteen #59 – “The Pirate Edition!””

March 28th, 2007 at 10:19 pm

Yes neither are hard on the eyes…..I’m looking forward to the third part.

Joan
                                          March 28th, 2007 at 10:37 pm

I started to do a TT on good lines from movies; but it is still in the draft stage for later. I enjoyed reading this one. Thanks for coming by my blog and leaving a comment.

beth
                                          March 28th, 2007 at 10:37 pm

I should tell you that I’m in love with Capt. Jack Sparrow. You can’t have him. nerd Love the quotes!!!! I also love the template. It’s beautiful.

Janet
                                          March 28th, 2007 at 10:40 pm

I love, LOVE #5, the look on his face when he’s saying it, the way he waves. My favorite T13 so far -)

March 28th, 2007 at 10:41 pm

GREAT TT! ) Love that movie!

Coco
                                          March 28th, 2007 at 10:52 pm

love this TT!! luv
                                          I’m sooo looking forward for the next Pirates movie…

March 28th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

lol Can’t wait for the third movie!!

Raggedy
                                          March 28th, 2007 at 11:55 pm

I did not see the movie but I enjoyed your post about it.
                                          Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
                                          My TT is posted.
                                          Have a wonderful day!
                                          Happy TT’ing!
                                          *^_^
                                          (=’:'=)
                                          (“)_ (“)Š
                                          Raggedy

Uisce
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 6:01 am

judging by the pictures, I don’t think I’ve seen this movie yet. I think I should! happy TT, thanks for stopping by!

carmen
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 7:28 am

I’m looking forward to the third installment, due out soon!

Jamie
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 7:38 am

Great movie, great lines, and two great looking men. Who could ask for anything more?

Jane
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 9:47 am

I loved these quotes AND the movie. I can’t wait for the next one. I was not a Johnny Depp fan before but I am now!
                                          My T13 is up.
                                          BTW, give me a few more weeks and I will be ready for our lunch! I can’t wait. smile

March 29th, 2007 at 4:01 pm

Some great lines there!

March 29th, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Arrr! What a cool list ye have thar! mrgreen

(i like your lay-out too!)

March 29th, 2007 at 4:49 pm

I do so love Johnny Depp! Orlando Bloom isn’t bad eye candy either. Thanks for stopping by at my place. I’m glad I found yours!

Sandy
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 5:52 pm

Sherry, you know I have had people actually say that they “Do Not Like pirates of the Carribbean”!! I have no idea why?? They are crazy razz right?? I am waiting for the next one!! I know how much you love them!! Great TT!! My Thankful Thursday is up!! I just had to quit TT because it just made me a wreak trying to come up with 13 of anything!! smile..Sandy

March 29th, 2007 at 7:02 pm

Looking forward to #3 and playing spot the serious British actors in supporting roles having a whale of a time

Jen
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 7:25 pm

Sometimes it’s not just words, it’s the look! Great list, love your template! luv

Christina
                                          March 29th, 2007 at 10:11 pm

Fun list! My friend is an extra in Pirates 3 !! He is in the trailor..its so cool!

March 30th, 2007 at 7:19 am

Love it, love it……..

You can have Orlando, it’s JD all the way for me -)

cq

Stephanie
                                          March 30th, 2007 at 5:49 pm

Great TT! I HEART Johnny Depp!! This wasn’t as good as the first, but I still like it!

Great Blog!