Great lines from “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest” which I’ve just watched for the fourth time! Love this movie!! And come on, Johnny and Orlando aren’t so hard to look at either!
1. Jack Sparrow: Elizabeth!
[Turns to Gibbs]
Jack Sparrow: Hide the rum.
2. Jack Sparrow: We are very much alike, you and I, I and you… us.
Elizabeth Swann: Oh. Except for a sense of honor and decency and a moral center. And personal hygiene.
Jack Sparrow: [Sniffs his armpit and looks back] Trifles.
3. Jack Sparrow: [holds up jar of dirt] Oi! Fishface! Lose something? Eh? Scungilli!
[falls down stairs, holds up jar again]
Jack Sparrow: Got it! Come to negotiate, eh? Have you, you slimy git? Look what I got.
Jack Sparrow: I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt, and guess what’s inside it!
4. Cotton’s Parrot: Awk, don’t eat me.
Will Turner: I’m not going to eat you.
5. Elizabeth Swann: There will come a moment when you will have a chance to show it. To do the right thing.
Jack Sparrow: I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by.
6. Jack Sparrow: [to Elizabeth] One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it’s like. One day you won’t be able to resist.
7. Jack Sparrow: Now where is that monkey? I want to shoot something!
8. Jack Sparrow: I am chief! Want big fire!
9. Pintel: You know you can’t read.
Ragetti: It’s the Bible, you get credit for trying.
10. Jack Sparrow: Have you not met Will Turner? He’s noble, heroic – terrific soprano. Worth at least four… maybe three and a half. And did I happen to mention… he’s in love? With a girl. Due to be married. Betrothed. Dividing him from her and her from him would only be half as cruel as actually allowing them to be joined in holy matrimony, eh?
11. Ragetti: [balancing a shovel] I could join the circus!
12. Jack Sparrow: How did you get here?
Will Turner: Sea turtles, mate. A pair of them strapped to my feet.
Jack Sparrow: Not so easy, is it?
13. Elizabeth Swann: You’ll have the chance to do something… something courageous. And when you do, you’ll discover something. That you’re a good man.