A Long Night!

Well it’s been an interesting few days. Sunday night as I was watching the Super Bowl, (so sad, Da Bears lost!) I started feeling pretty bad. Having a hard time breathing, chest tight, and it just kept getting worse. At first I thought it was just this crazy cough I have had for a few weeks, but the pain I started to have became a little alarming. Big D decided that it was necessary to take me to the ER and have things checked, just to be safe. Let the fun begin.

Let me just say this upfront, only if I am dying, do I ever want to ever go back to that ER! I won’t go into details, but let’s just say I didn’t feel like I was in the most “expert” of hands at times. I was kept overnight for observation, but I didn’t get into a room till after 5 in the morning from the ER. I went from 9 Sunday morning to 12:30 Monday afternoon (when I got home) before I was able to go to sleep…..so this post, probably not my best.

I have a few tests scheduled for the end of this week just to make sure everything is A-OK…but from all indications, my chest pain is probably caused from pleurisy. Can I just say, I’ve had enough of this stuff already!!!

This entry was posted in Personal. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to A Long Night!

1. Susan says:

Bless your heart!! I’ll add you to my prayer list. May God bles you.

2. Jennifer says:

Honey! Your year’s not off to a great start, is it? I hate that you feel so yucky. Did you drive here to OUR emergency room? We only use it for the direst of emergencies and when we can’t get to the next nearest hospital (think “bleeding to death” or the like). They are horrible!
    Love you, girl…take care of you!! (((HUGS)))

3. The Artist says:

So sorry, YR. I’ll be praying for you!

Oh, I am SO sorry. I hope you are feeling better today. Take care of yourself girl! I am home now and we have GOT to get together for lunch…..

5. So sorry to hear of your illness! I had pleuresy when I was 9 years old–along with three or four other horrible things–DO take care of that my dear….It sometimes turns into Empiema (Spelling not right) and that can be worse than the pleuresy…! Do take really really good care dear YR…We need you in the Blog World!
    About the ER…? UGH! UGH! UGH!

6. And here I was thinking that I had ordered you to get well -)

I hope you not have to go in there any more time, it didn’t sound good at all!!! That’s the worst ever, to not feel like trusting them when laying your life in their hands…. PHEW!

I do hope you get better now!!!!

7. Sandy says:

You have had a bad 2007 as far as your health goes. Please get better and do it soon…Pleurisy does really hurt. I have had it before but not that bad I guess. Take care. Sandy

8. Lynn Tucker says:

Oh I hope you will feel better soon!
    Pleurosy is horrible.

9. Carol says:

Sorry you are not 100% but it was a good thing for you to have stayed in hospital for observation..at least they would have checked you out for any thing serious..

10. lightseeker says:

Oh Sis!!!! I am so sorry to hear you had to go to the ER. Ugh I dont blame you about never wanting to go back. Please take care of yourself!! I am praying for you!! Keep me informed! Love ya!

11. I hope your feeling better today and all is well. Get well prayers coming your way!

12. Barbara says:

I found your name from Sandy’s site.Hope your Pleurisy is better now. I have never had it, but each breath must be painful.!!
    Take care and visit me.