1. This was my first vacation with my dad and that side of my family, ever. It was a blast! There were nine of us, and we had a great time together. There was never a dull moment! Matter of fact, the maitre’ d in the dining room on the ship, told us we were the absolute funniest table of all the tables because we were always laughing. We even had his Turkish self laughing a few nights. One thing is for sure….we were there to have fun!
The Maitre’d and me, on our final night
2. Speaking of my family here is my dad and step mom….
3. And my step-brother Tim and sister-in-law, Tracy….they are a hoot!
4. And here is my niece Abi (Tim and Tracy’s daughter) and step-sister Kathy, to round out our group..
5. We took a “Party Boat” to a resort beach in Cozumel, the party boat was a lot of fun, loud, but fun.
Poppy dancing on the Party Boat! Tracy and Miss Priss enjoying the show!
6. In Cozumel, Big D and I went sailing on a Catamaran. He told the guy he knew what he was doing…..he didn’t. When we got stalled out in the water, I had to tell him what to do….you can guarantee I am not letting him forget that!!! It was fun though!
Yep, that’s us sailing away!
7. I snorkeled in Cozumel. Saw beautiful, colorful fish. Our guide took me to some ruins and even had me standing in the middle of the ocean on top of a temple. That was very cool. The only thing I regret is that I didn’t have an underwater camera. So no neat pictures of that.
8. In Merida, Progresso there is an area that is very exclusive, they have built it to look very much like Paris’s Champs-Élysées, and it does. It has beautiful homes, shops, and many come from Canada and the USA to spend their winters there. I fell in love with the architecture.
9. Isn’t this beautiful?
11. I learned alot about the Mayan culture. This monument tells the history of the Mayan’s, it would take days to read the entire history that the monument covers….it’s huge! It was hand carved in limestone. It’s beautiful and very impressive!
12. We attended a Mexican rodeo and dance show. It was alot of fun. Very different from the rodeos that we are use to (Texas rodeos that is). We also had a authentic Mexican lunch there and it was wonderful!!!
Green Chili Pork, Chicken, Salad with a tangy dressing, The best rice I have ever had, and Black beans, we also had a lime soup that was out of this world! Yummy!
Big D with some of the dancers, he looks quite happy doesn’t he?
13. To round off this 13, let me leave you with this picture of Flamingos in their natural habitat. We were on our way back to the ship from Merida when we spotted them, it was pretty neat to see them in the natural, not in a zoo.
That’s it for now….more pictures and such later…..till then, Happy Thursday!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!