filed in: T13, Travels

Thursday Thirteen #38 – Vacation Tidbits!

­

TT_Ecstasy.jpg

1. This was my first vacation with my dad and that side of my family, ever. It was a blast! There were nine of us, and we had a great time together. There was never a dull moment! Matter of fact, the maitre’ d in the dining room on the ship, told us we were the absolute funniest table of all the tables because we were always laughing. We even had his Turkish self laughing a few nights. One thing is for sure….we were there to have fun!

The Maitre’d and me, on our final night

2. Speaking of my family here is my dad and step mom….

dad_pat.jpg

3. And my step-brother Tim and sister-in-law, Tracy….they are a hoot!

tim_tracy.jpg

4. And here is my niece Abi (Tim and Tracy’s daughter) and step-sister Kathy, to round out our group..

abi_kathy.jpg

5. We took a “Party Boat” to a resort beach in Cozumel, the party boat was a lot of fun, loud, but fun.

poppy_partyboat.jpg
                Poppy dancing on the Party Boat! Tracy and Miss Priss enjoying the show!

6. In Cozumel, Big D and I went sailing on a Catamaran. He told the guy he knew what he was doing…..he didn’t. When we got stalled out in the water, I had to tell him what to do….you can guarantee I am not letting him forget that!!! lol It was fun though!

catamaran.jpg
                    Yep, that’s us sailing away!

7. I snorkeled in Cozumel. Saw beautiful, colorful fish. Our guide took me to some ruins and even had me standing in the middle of the ocean on top of a temple. That was very cool. The only thing I regret is that I didn’t have an underwater camera. So no neat pictures of that. (

8. In Merida, Progresso there is an area that is very exclusive, they have built it to look very much like Paris’s Champs-Élysées, and it does. It has beautiful homes, shops, and many come from Canada and the USA to spend their winters there. I fell in love with the architecture.

9. Isn’t this beautiful?

Progresso_home.jpg

10.

home_2.jpg

11. I learned alot about the Mayan culture. This monument tells the history of the Mayan’s, it would take days to read the entire history that the monument covers….it’s huge! It was hand carved in limestone. It’s beautiful and very impressive!

mayan.jpg

12. We attended a Mexican rodeo and dance show. It was alot of fun. Very different from the rodeos that we are use to (Texas rodeos that is). We also had a authentic Mexican lunch there and it was wonderful!!!

The Charros

food.jpg
                                    Green Chili Pork, Chicken, Salad with a tangy dressing, The best rice I have ever had, and Black beans, we also had a lime soup that was out of this world! Yummy!

Dave_dancers.jpg
                                    Big D with some of the dancers, he looks quite happy doesn’t he? )

13. To round off this 13, let me leave you with this picture of Flamingos in their natural habitat. We were on our way back to the ship from Merida when we spotted them, it was pretty neat to see them in the natural, not in a zoo.
                                    flamingos.jpg

That’s it for now….more pictures and such later…..till then, Happy Thursday!

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

19 Comments on “Thursday Thirteen #38 – Vacation Tidbits!”

October 18th, 2006 at 10:35 pm

Prince of Egypt
                                        Wedding Singer
                                        Moulin Rouge
                                        The Passion of The Christ
                                        The Wizard of Oz
                                        Snow Queen

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

Chelle
                                        October 18th, 2006 at 11:26 pm

Looks like you have so much fun with the one’s you love! Great pictures!

October 19th, 2006 at 12:13 am

Wow, some great pictures and looks like a rockin good time. Feel better, rest up, pleanty of Vitamin C.

Tracie
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 1:06 am

Wow….great pictures. It sounds like a fun trip.

October 19th, 2006 at 2:59 am

the pictures are great. So you had a great time!!! it’s so evident form the photos .

carmen
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 8:32 am

it looks like you had a marveolous time. Im so glad for you!

Jane
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 10:06 am

**jealous** Looks like you had a fabulous time. Loved all the pictures. We need to do lunch so you can share what you can’t publish on your blog!!! *grin*

October 19th, 2006 at 11:54 am

Looks like you all had a great time!

mar
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 1:04 pm

What a wonderful TT! it sounds like a great vacation )
                                        happy TT!

DeWayne
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 1:51 pm

Glad you’re back, YellowRose! I look forward to seeing even more pictures!

Janet
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 2:33 pm

aaaah, vacations are so much fun! I’ve been to Cozumel a couple times, the Mayan ruins at Tulum were awesome! Beautiful sailboat pic, the clouds are just gorgeous!

Kailani
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 3:10 pm

Family vacations are the best! Love the photos!

Sandy
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 3:25 pm

Great pictures and evidently great fun too. Nothing like a cruise!! I have only gone once but I will never forget it ever!! Nice to have you back though. Thanks for sharing and thanks for stopping by and seeing me…Sandy

Uisce
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 4:34 pm

I looooooove cruising, I’m so jealous!! )

courtney
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 5:22 pm

what a cool TT! i love all the pictures; they’re beautiful! you must have had an awesome vacation!

Andrea
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 5:48 pm

Looks like that was a fun vacation! My TT is up! Have a lovely day.

BecK
                                        October 19th, 2006 at 7:14 pm

Wow! Looks like you had lot’s of fun!
                                        Happy TT!

October 20th, 2006 at 7:37 pm

Wow! such wonderful photos. I’m sure you had a good and real fun time. Cruising would be nice to experience.
                                        Sorry for visiting late but I just couldn’t open your site for some reason I really don’t know.

October 20th, 2006 at 9:21 pm

Great pictures of your wonderful vacation! I’ve only been on one cruise in my 20′s and it was with Carnival Cruise Lines too. (Celebration) I like it but I had nothing to compare with. How did you like them?