1. You will never go hungry on a cruise! You can graze at all hours of the day! Even if you don’t feel like leaving your stateroom, order room service! To top it all off, the food is DELICIOUS!!
2. No matter what hour of the day, there is something to do. There is never a dull moment on board!
3. If you have never been on a cruise, caution is to be taken when flushing the commode! That sucker will scare the living daylights out of ya! It can suck a young child down it in two seconds flat if you aren’t careful!
4. I have a new fondness of towel animals!
5. While shopping at the Straw Market in Nassau DO NOT mention in jest that you should buy Cuban cigars for your buddies back home! This will lead to at least five or more Bahamanians trying very hard to sell you Cuban cigars!!
6. Also while shopping at the Straw Market, be sure to check all your bills when given change!! Big D was given a counterfeit $10, which was so obvious! He calmly told the woman he like another. She looked at him and said, “Hey Mon, this is your money!” Which he calmly replied, “No it’s not, so I’ll take another!” She then laughed and gave him another ten, this one was real. After that, we checked every bill!!
7. To avoid disappointment, if you think you will see alot of Atlantis in a few hours, you are wrong! That place is huge and you need a few days to cover it! We are planning our next vacation there!
8. I couldn’t get over how blue the water was….I mean Blue Blue!! Beautiful!! And in that pretty blue water are sharks, very big sharks! That was something to see!
9. The nightly shows on board were great! The young people were very talented and really put on some dynamite shows each night! Be sure to go to the shows…you won’t be disappointed!
10. The Casino was alot of fun! We played some and I even entered a slot tournament! I was in 3rd place till about the 6th round….then they bumped me off the board! Oh well, it was alot of fun!
11. Now here’s a tip I learned from Yanto our waiter in the dining room. When eating by a window (which we did) eat facing in the direction of the way the ship is going. This way you are less likely to get sick. Believe me, it works!
12. Take my word on this….Attend the Midnight Gala Buffet!! Not only is the food to die for, but it is a work of art with ice sculptures, vegetable and fruit sculptures, chocolate sculptures…you name it, it’s sculptured!
Just one of the tables at the Gala Buffet!
13. We enjoyed our cruise, this was a great starter cruise for us. Our next one we would like to go on a bigger ship. See we are becoming cruise snobs already! lol
Links to other Thursday Thirteens! Add your name if you are playing!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!